I have some art cards and prints available for sale on REDBUBBLE, have a browse.
After last year’s success, After last year’s success, Doors Open London and London Culture Days are partnering together once again to allow Londoners and visitors experience the history and culture of the city.
This unique two-day event will feature free, hands-on and interactive activities that allow Londoners to take a “behind-the-scenes” look at our cities cultural and historic gems.
Over 50 sites will be open for exploration free of charge. Visit just a couple of sites in your community or visit them all!
My artwork will be featured in an upcoming CreateMixedMedia/North Light book, Zen Doodle: Tons of Tangles! The tentative publication date is September 2013, so stay tuned.
Discover the Creative Goddess in You with Leonie Dawson
* Every week you will be assigned Creative Goddess projects to do for the week in a range of creative mediums ~ you will be exploring new ways of creating and connecting with the gorgeous soul, wisdom & beauty inside you.
* Six hand-drawn, illustrated and painted ebooks and three sets of worksheets guiding you on creating art as a sacred practice, how to find healing on your journey, walking through your stucknesses, how to create sacred space and discovering the Goddess in you.
* Six videos each week from me and Charlie the Happy Healer Dog guiding you on the next part of your Creative Goddess journey.
* Six guided 30 minute MP3 goddess meditations by me to work with for each part of the course. These are incredibly powerful resources, and are worth the price of the course alone.
The Lanna Language Conservation Center of Chiangrai Faculty of Architecture Sriprathum university Lanna Language Conservation Center Chiang Rai province, because of the problem of Lanna language value and identity of the Lanna people are being swallowed by the new Lanna people. Lack of interest Conserve the root language of yourself.
The 4th London Timeraiser Call to Agencies and Artists is open for business!
Your favourite silent art auction with a twist is back for its 4th year in London and we need your help to make it even better than ever! We’ve opened up our calls extra early this year to make sure we have the best art and most deserving agencies in the room. Help us spread word to the great non-profits in your community and the talented artists in your network by forwarding this email to anyone you think might be interested in applying!
Artists, Get Paid and Have Your Work Featured at the Timeraiser!
We are looking to purchase artwork from local, emerging artists to help inspire those in London to donate their time in support of great causes. Artwork will be in part selected by our volunteer jury. Artwork will be displayed in the offices and boardrooms of our corporate partners and in community spaces for 12 months while participants complete their pledge. There is no submission fee associated with this call.
Artist Submission Guidelines:
• Emerging or mid-career London-area artists will be given preference
• Submissions can only be made online at timeraiser.slideroom.com
• Successful artists will be notified via email at the end of March
• You set the price of the artwork submitted, up to $1000 (inclusive of framing and HST)
To apply, create an account at: timeraiser.slideroom.com
Agencies, Recruit Volunteers at the Timeraiser!
The Timeraiser helps non-profit and voluntary organizations, large and small, connect with potential volunteers. We know Canadians in their 20s and 30s are one of the hardest demographics to reach. Recruit skilled volunteers at the Timeraiser who are committed to volunteering 20 – 100 hours over a 12 month period.
• Working professionals in their 20s & 30s
• 60% female / 40% male
• Heavy use of mobile phone/social media
• Most participants on LinkedIn, nearly all on Facebook
• 40% of all tickets sold are through our local and national corporate partners
To apply, visit: timeraiser.ca/agency-
What is Timeraiser?
The Timeraiser is a silent art auction with a twist. Instead of bidding money, participants bid volunteer time to agencies that need their skills and energy. We buy all artwork at fair market value and auction it off on the night of the Timeraiser.
The 4th London Timeraiser will be May 2nd, 2013. Successful auction bidders have 12 months to complete their volunteer pledge. When they do, they bring the artwork home as a reminder of their goodwill.
To date, the Timeraiser has generated almost 115,000 volunteer hours and invested $650,000 in the careers of emerging Canadian artists.
For more information, visit www.timeraiser.ca and please circulate this notice to your friends and colleagues in the art community.
This is the year that I return to the Goddess and making Goddess art. I recently purchased a beautiful deck of Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue to help guide me in my quest and for inspiration.
Today I drew the Yemanya card, Golden Opportunity: “Important doors are opening for you right now. Walk through”. How very fitting.
Yemanya the beautiful Brazilian Wishing Goddess. Like the ocean, life is rich with variety and beauty.
Pronounced “YEH-MAHN-JAH”; She is the Brazilian goddess who was created with the sea. Every December 31, people in Brazil celebrate Yemanya by casting white flowers and miniature boats upon the sea. You can work with Yemanya by putting a tiny boat into the sea and asking for a wish. If Yemanya grants your wish , her waves will swallow the miniature boat, and if she denies the wish the boat will wash ashore. Since the sea is the root of the Earths life, Yemanya’s connection to it makes her a very powerful and nurturing mother goddess. She’s a protector, supplier and one who grants wishes.
A Message from Yemanya “Golden Opportunity”
Important doors are opening for you right now, walk through them. Like the oceans waves, timing is everything, so when the opportunity presents itself dive in at that moment and allow your doubts to be washed away!